Sixth Form - SL6
OPEN EVENING EVENT, Thursday 7th December 6pm - 8pm - The evening will include a tour of our Sixth Form Centre as well as a talk from Geraldine Tiddy, Head of SL6 and an opportunity to meet subject teachers and our Careers Officer.
To view our SL6 Open Event Film, please click the below
We care about you as an individual and we want to assist you along this exciting journey, success is not the same for everyone and we understand that. As a school we pride ourselves on the connections we make to support you with a wealth of inspirational speakers from a range of sectors. Our vast range of links to local as well as London based employers, universities provide tips and tricks affording you an insight into making the next steps to university, apprenticeships or employment.
Our guiding principles at SL6 are built upon four pillars, each designed to pave the way for your success.
- Our Careers Programme. It is destination-focused and tailored to suit each individual student.
- Our curriculum. It's carefully designed to meet the needs of our students, providing them with the qualifications and transferable skills required for adult life in a competitive modern workplace.
- The Stone Lodge culture of skills development. We care deeply about each individual's journey and are dedicated to their success.
- Networks, giving our students a competitive advantage.
We are currently compiling a new and expanded courses offer to include a broad range of new qualifications and subjects including the below;
- Engineering BTEC Single
- Health and Social Care BTEC Single
- Sport BTEC Single Or Double
- Art and Design A Level
- Business A Level
- English Literature A Level
- Government and Politics A Level
- Mathematics A Level
- Psychology A Level
- Sociology A Level
The above courses are designed to appeal to students who have a reasonably clear understanding of the types of pathway/ area of specialism they wish to pursue post 18 and who have an enthusiasm for and ability in the bespoke areas on offer. Our Extended Diplomas are designed to develop employability skills with a day release, practical placement being arranged in some of the leading businesses in the area, including;
BAM, Coca Cola, Laing O’Rourke and Transport for London on the Engineering course
David Lloyd, All Stars, Dartford Football Club and Dartford Rugby Club on the Sports Diploma.
There are many other business partners who are keen to work with us and we are also happy to support successful applicants in securing other suitable placements in areas in which they wish to gain particular experience.
Entry requirements are stated in our Admissions Criteria which can be found HERE.