Our Vision and Values
In Stone Lodge School we share a core belief that emotional wellbeing and academic attainment go hand in hand. As with all Endeavour MAT schools, students are encouraged to adopt a growth mindset (Endeavour Mindset), which is critical to personal development and there is a collective appreciation that intelligence is neither fixed nor finite as we all embark on a journey of self-improvement.
Our vision is clear: We want all of our students to graduate from Stone Lodge with the capacity to make significant changes for the better within their local, national and global community.
Our values are summed up using the following acronym:
- Respect: We acknowledge that members of our school community are consistently expected to give due regard to the feelings, wishes, and rights of others. We accept the premise that we should treat others as we would wish to be treated.
- Integrity: is the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles. This is an important value within Stone Lodge School
- Determination: All stakeholders are expected to show drive and a will to succeed. This is often known as having’ grit’. In the Stone Lodge community, all stakeholders are expected to try their hardest and not easily surrender when a task appears to be too difficult.
- Equality: of Opportunity refers to the fact that Stone Lodge is keen to ensure fairness and an absence of discrimination, in the sense that opportunities are available for all students within the school, regardless of any protected characteristics such as race, colour, age, gender, national origin, religion, or mental or physical disabilities.
- Self-Management: All our participants are expected to manage their time, resources and behaviours to ensure they reach their potential and add to the common good.